Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Magnolia Blooms and an SCS Sketch Challenge

It's a happy, happy day!  My sweet neighbor, who delivers treat bags for every holiday to every kid in our small neighborhood, gave ME one, too!  And it had my absolute favorite candy in it - Reese's Fast Breaks!  Emma, my oldest girl, has a mild peanut allergy and she always gave me her Reese's Cups and Fast Breaks from her trick-or-treat bag.  She stopped going out 3 years ago and that was a sad day for me.  Now Caitlin and Alaina have decided to stop going so I won't even be able to sneak some out of their bags while they're at school!

On to the stamping....

This card makes my heart go pitter-pat.  The Crumb Cake, the sponging of Soft Suede ink, the layers, the vintage feel of it.....oh my!  

Magnolia Blooms card for Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge SC773 by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper

I had my Watercolor Pencils out from my last project and thought it would look so pretty to use the white pencil on Crumb Cake cardstock.  Then I thought of the Magnolia Blooms stamp set and couldn't wait to get started!

Some tips:


  • Coloring in a circular motion is best with these pencils.
  • Apply light pressure when coloring.  We don't want to indent our cardstock with the pencil tips.
  • You can use the Watercolor Pencils just to color, without using water.
  • Add a light layer of color and build on more until you get the look you want.  It's easy to add color, but very difficult to take it away, so be patient and enjoy the process!  

This is the sketch on which I based my card.  I bet you can think of a few ideas for this layout!  Why not post your creations in the thread for this challenge?

Splitcoaststampers Wednesday Sketch Challenge SC773 on The Joyful Stamper Nicole Steele

When I was finished with my card, I felt like it needed something more (my motto with cardmaking and scrapbooking is "more is more" ha!).  Digging through my stash, I found Clear Epoxy Droplets - perfecto!  Never underestimate the power of a simple embellishment.  

I made a tutorial for you!  Click below to get a printable pdf with step-by-step instructions, photo, measurements, and a supply list with links to my online store.

Click for printable tutorial of Stampin' Up!'s Magnolia Blooms card by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper
I hope you enjoy the projects and both the printable and photo tutorials I post regularly on this blog.  If you would like any supplies for your crafting sessions, shop my online store 24/7.  I appreciate your business (and your feedback on what you like to see)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10