Wednesday, October 2, 2019

I'm A Splitcoaststamper Sketch Challenge Designer!

Surprise. 

Shock.

Glee.

Excitement.

Yup, that about sums up my range of emotions when I got a private message at Splitcoaststampers inviting me to be a Sketch Challenge Designer!  I adore the site and feel so honored to be asked to contribute to its awesomeness.  


This week's sketch offers LOTS of opportunities to use up cardstock and DSP scraps.  Wave your hand if you have some of those (**I'm waving mine!**).


Painted Harvest card for Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge SC769 by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper

I packed my card with color!  Night of Navy, Crushed Curry, Mango Melody, Shaded Spruce, and Pumpkin Pie all play nicely here to make a vibrant fall scene.  The Painted Harvest stamp set had tons of images to play with.  I used the rougher looking fern image with Shaded Spruce ink to create a background.  I stamped the image at full strength, then stamped once or twice more without re-inking to get a nice variation of tone.

Painted Harvest card for Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge SC769 by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper

I love that wavy Linen Thread!  I used my bone folder to curl it slightly, just as you would with a pair of scissors and that shiny ribbon stuff when wrapping a gift.  I put a Stampin' Dimensional on my Stitched Shapes oval and laid the Linen Thread on it.


Painted Harvest card for Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge SC769 by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper

There are two sunflower images in this set, one to act as the base and the other as the filler.  I used Pumpkin Pie ink to stamp the base image on Mango Melody cardstock.  Then I used the same ink with the filler image and stamped several times without re-inking, turning my stamp slightly each time so as to fill in more areas of the sunflower.  The center is stamped with Soft Suede ink.  Aren't all the color shades in the sunflower so pretty? 

Come over to Splitcoaststampers and show us what you make with this week's sketch! 

You Can Make This!

 Thank you for your orders!  I appreciate your business!  Go to my Catalogs page to request a Stampin' Up! catalog, if you are not already working with a demonstrator you love.  

Shop with Nicole Steele here!

Follow Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper on Facebook here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10