Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Beautiful You Watercolored Card - Three Techniques

Have you really looked at the samples in Stampin' Up!'s catalogs?  They're gorgeous!  And you can make any of them!  Play with new color combinations, create something different from your usual style, or try a new project.  The Stampin' Up! catalog is a very useful tool to keep at your crafting desk.

Beautiful You watercolored card case from page 114 of Stampin' Up!'s annual catalog

I loved this card on page 114 and knew I had to make it.  All the watercolored details caught my eye.  It features the Beautiful You set.  I'll show you the three ways I watercolored this card.  

close up of watercolored and die cut background

To create the background, I used an Aquapainter to brush clean water over a piece of watercolor paper.  Then I loaded my Aquapainter with Daffodil Delight ink refill and brushed it on the wet parts of my paper.  Immediately it spread into interesting patterns and shapes because of the clean water I had already laid down.  Once it dries, you can add more ink to achieve layers of colors, if you like.  The blue splatters were created by flicking the brush end of a Bermuda Bay Stampin' Write Marker in its cap.

close up of watercolored flowers on Beautiful You card

To get the watercolor look of the flowers and leaves, I inked up the images (found in the Free As A Bird set), then stamped them onto wet watercolor paper.  I added touches of Daffodil Delight ink to the flowers, but they mixed with the Melon Mambo ink and turned a little orange!  I was ok with that, though. 

I also watercolored the girl's dress and hat.  First, I stamped and heat embossed the image.  Heat embossing contains the colors, which I like for this image.  I squeezed a couple drops of reinker into the lids of a Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight ink pad and used my Aquapainter to add the color to my image.  The vibrancy and intensity is amazing!

Give watercoloring a try!  Grab a couple reinkers in your favorite colors, an Aquapainter, watercolor paper, and jar of clean water.  Stamp several images onto the watercolor paper and spend some relaxing time experimenting.  Make sure to use Staz-On ink for watercoloring to ensure the image doesn't bleed when you add water.

Earn $5 coupon for every $50 you order in July


Don't forget to shop to earn Bonus Days coupons July 1-31! 

Join my team in July and August and earn an extra $30 of product plus a $10 coupon

Join my team in July or August to earn an extra $30 of product in your Starter Kit PLUS free shipping PLUS a $10 coupon to use the month after you join!  Contact me with any questions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10