Thursday, July 4, 2019

Happy Fourth of July!

Happy Fourth of July!

In America, we are celebrating our independence today.  It's traditional for fireworks to be involved.  We are at the beach and we discovered last year that vacationers here LOVE to put on firework shows right on the beach.  And it's wild!  Up and down the shoreline, it's one colorful explosion after another for about an hour.  It is SO fun to be amongst it!  We'll be swimming and grilling burgers poolside, then watching the fireworks on the beach.  

I love the period of history of America's birth.  I have read biographies of almost every major figure from that era.  My most recent one was Benjamin Franklin: An American Life by Walter Isaacson.  I knew Franklin was highly inventive, witty, and charming but this book revealed those qualities in such depth that I felt really sad that I would never know the man.  I laughed out loud many times as I read this - how often can you say that about a biography?  Alexander Hamilton and Benjamin Franklin are my two favorites of that era.  I call them my "dead man crushes".  Franklin's biography was entertaining and I recommend it!

Have a Happy Fourth of July, everyone, and thank you for reading my blog.  I so appreciate the time you take to come here.  I love creating and writing and I am grateful to have the freedom to do so. 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10