Monday, July 22, 2019

Thankfulness

I am thankful for challenges and those that host them!  I need that jumpstart, otherwise it would take me 5 hours to make a card or scrapbook page.  Any other slow creators out there?  

The challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments was to use this board as inspiration:


At first, I tried to make a card using the top right image but I could not get my frames in a pleasing arrangement, so I moved on to using the bottom right image. 

Stampin' Up! Thankfulness card by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper for HSSSIC#319

I have lots of tips and tricks for making this card!

To make the background: I stamped the Hardwood image in Soft Suede ink onto my Soft Suede cardstock base, then lightly swiped my Whisper White ink pad across it.  I wasn't concerned with the exact placement of the ink, just that some got on various places.  I took a sponge and lightly brushed it across my card base to smear and soften the Whisper White ink.  I love this look!

To create the three frames: I used an old set called Frame It to stamp in Versamark and heat emboss with White embossing powder.  I did this three times to get three frames.  I used the brush tip of a Stampin' Blend marker to color each embossed frame.  From left to right, I used Dark Smoky Slate, Light Bermuda Bay, and Dark Soft Sea Foam.  Once I fussy cut them, I used the brush tip to go around the cut edges of each frame.

To create the word die: I die-cut the word three times from Whisper White cardstock.  On one of those die-cuts, I used the same Stampin' Blend markers as above to color it in, making sure to blend where two colors met.  I used Fine-Tip Glue to adhere all three die-cut layers together, then used the brush tip of each Blends to color the white edges of the cardstock.

To glue vellum and the metal ribbon Bird Ballad trinket: I rolled up a glue dot to stick behind the metal ribbon embellishment.  I put dabs of Multipurpose Glue on the back of the vellum where the frames would cover it (so glue the frames to the vellum first).

I hope you appreciate these tips for making this card!  Be sure to subscribe to my weekly newsletter here so you can get happy digital mail in your inbox!  My newsletter always includes tips and tricks, the latest Class To Go, additional projects, sales and specials, and other fun things.  Sign up here.

8 comments:

  1. What a great card! Love your frames and great tips to create them. Thank you for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous technique for making the frames, background and greeting. I'm so glad you were inspired by our challenge to create such a beautiful card. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the Inspiration Challenge. I totally overlooked the bottom picture. Great job! Thanks for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your frames are so creative! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10