Monday, July 29, 2019

You Can Do Hard Things

Yes, you can!  At 44, I have learned this lesson many times, but those much younger and greener to the experiences of life could probably use the encouragement.  I have someone in mind who is getting this card and it will be at the God-prompted moment (The right word spoken at the right time is as beautiful as gold apples in a silver bowl. Proverbs 25:11).  

Stampin' Up! Sunny Days encouragement card by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper

I turned to Sketch-N-Scrap's Card Sketch #149 for some help in making this colorful summertime card.

Sketch_N-Scrap's card sketch #149

I took some liberties with the three star elements but those little images are SO cute!  And it was fun to pull out my Stampin' Blends to color them.  I added some straight stitching with black thread and my sewing machine along the top and bottom of the Whisper White cardstock panel, just like in the sketch.  The stitching could be drawn in with a black journaling pen, also.

Making this card reminded me of when I had my first lemonade stand around the age of 7.  I made an eye-catching sign, stacked the paper cups on my table, prepared batches of lemonade, filled my change box with coins and dollar bills, then sat there with a big smile, positive that crowds would soon flock to my little business on the corner of 7th and Maplewood in Ambridge, PA.

People did come and it was great!  Then during a slow period, one woman came and sat next to me and began to talk to me about expense and revenue, profit and loss, cost accounting, and the value of my time.  I remember feeling utterly bewildered at the big words and ideas she was tossing at my 7-year-old brain.  I remember swinging my legs in boredom and thinking, "Why can't this lady just buy some lemonade?"  She meant well, of course, and was trying to teach me a great business lesson.  As I grew into my pre-teens and teens and had other businesses I was better able to understand and use those concepts that nice lady had been trying to teach me.  

If you found yourself getting enthused as I related my profit and loss lemonade stand story, then consider joining my team of Joyful Stampers.  If you love being a smart shopper and getting a discount on high-quality products, then you also should consider joining my team of Joyful Stampers!

Stampin' Up! Sunny Days encouragement card by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamperfor Sketch-N-Scrap card sketch #149

There is a fantastic deal going right now - $155 of product and free shipping for just $99, plus you get a $10 coupon to use in August (on your Holiday catalog pre-order, perhaps.....).  Sign up today and you'll get to see the online Holiday catalog right away!  

10 comments:

  1. What a sweet idea for a card! It is such a fun use of the sketch. Love it! Sketch N Scrap appreciates your participation. Thank you for playing along.
    Sharon Fontenot
    higgledypiggledycrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stamping and great take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! ~Deanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so stinkin' cute! I love everything about it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is s uper cute Nicole!! I love the cute images and that your card is Summer themed, so fun and colorful!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats you are the Featured card maker for July at Sketch N Scrap!! Make sure and claim your badge from our blog!! Thanks for your support of Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so exciting! Thank you, Lisa! I put the badge on my blog.

      Delete

01 09 10