Saturday, May 23, 2020

Card Sketch #SC802

Mystery Stamping Hour was a hit last night!  Thank you to all who played.  If you couldn't be there in the Facebook group last night, I'm having another next Friday May 29 at 8 PM ET.  It's free and you'll love it!  

Today's card has a mix of old and new elements.  It's incredibly fun to rummage through stamping supplies that haven't seen love in a long while.  It's like looking at a box of photos taken a decade or more ago and being delightfully surprised at the memories you'd temporarily forgotten.    

Splitcoaststampers card sketch | #SC802 | Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper | sketch challenges

My card began with this week's Splitcoaststampers card sketch.  The panels labelled 3 are layered over the panel labelled 2.  The beauty of this sketch is that it can be kept clean and simple with a strong background, or it can be dressed up with distressed and sponged layers and lots of embellishments.

watercolor wings | butterflies | stampin up | thinking of you card | splitcoaststampers | card sketch | card sketch challenge | sc802

I stuck to mostly simple.  Showing off the retiring Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper (DSP) was my objective.  The Sparkle Glimmer Paper pairs beautifully with the Blackberry Bliss in the DSP.  My sentiment, die-cut and punched butterflies, and pearls are from my retired stash but I list current product below that will allow you to still make this.

Here's the card recipe, so you can make it, too:

Directions for cutting the DSP diagonally:
  • cut paper to 4-1/4" x 4"
  • measure 1" down the right long (4-1/4") side and mark with a pencil
  • measure 2-1/2" down the left long (4-1/4") side and mark with a pencil
  • Place paper in trimmer with both pencil marks aligned in the trimmer track (the paper will be diagonal in your trimmer).
  • Cut the paper.



May Reward Code - JWD7M644 | Use when you shop with Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper to receive an 2020-2022 New In Color sampler

May Reward Code = New In Color Sampler


Use the May Reward Code on orders placed in my store of $50 or more (before shipping and tax) to get a free 2020-2022 New Stampin' Up! In Color sampler!  Sampler packs will be sent out by the end of May PLUS you'll get a new catalog package from me! 

Shop Stampin' Up! with Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper | arts and crafts supplies | paper crafting supplies | rubber stamping and scrapbooking supplies

New Catalog Alert: If you have ordered from me since November, you are automatically on my list to receive a new Annual Catalog package next month.  If you'd like one and haven't ordered since November, place an order of any size to be automatically included or email me at nicole@thejoyfulstamper.com.


2020-2021 Stampin' Up! Catalog cover | Get a copy from Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper


If you are enjoying The Joyful Stamper site


I love stamping and I love Stampin' Up!  Thank you so much for choosing me as your demonstrator.  I am grateful for YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10