Saturday, May 30, 2020

Saturday Sketch + Embossed Tile Technique

Hello, friends!  This embossed tile technique is SO simple and SO beautiful, anyone can do it!  I featured it in my weekly Facebook Live class, The Happy Half Hour, this past Tuesday.


Splitcoaststampers card sketch challenge 803 nicole steele the joyful stamper stampin' up!

It began with this sketch from Splitcoaststampers.  All I saw when I looked at this was squares of Designer Series Paper (DSP).  What a fantastic opportunity to use up those scraps, right?

parisian beauty designer series paper ornate garden 3d embossing folder parisian dies stampin' up! nicole steele the joyful stamper

Since Parisian Blossoms DSP is retiring June 2 and it's a favorite of mine, I pulled it out.  I cut (3) 1" x 12" strips, then trimmed those strips into 1" squares.  If you have a die or punch in that size, go ahead and use them instead.

Glue the squares to a 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" piece of cardstock (Cherry Cobbler used here) and don't worry about getting the spacing perfect.  Look closely at my card and you'll see that mine aren't perfect.  It's ok!

But let's not stop there - let's emboss that finished piece!  After the DSP squares are glued on to the cardstock, place that panel in an embossing folder (I used Ornate Garden 3D) and run it through your die-cutting & embossing machine.  The subtle texture and pattern it adds is stunning!


parisian beauty designer series paper ornate garden 3d embossing folder parisian dies stampin' up! nicole steele the joyful stamper

But let's not stop there, either!  Pull out some Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint and dip an Aqua Painter or paintbrush in the jar.  Hold it over that embossed piece and smack it near the brush end with a bone folder.  Do you see the little flecks?  In person, they shimmer and sparkle!  So pretty!  Plus, it's fun to whack that Aqua Painter and watch the mist splatter everywhere.

parisian beauty designer series paper ornate garden 3d embossing folder parisian dies stampin' up! nicole steele the joyful stamper

The metal key charm from Bird Ballad Trinkets (also retiring June 2) was the perfect embellishment for this DSP.  I tied it on with some twine wrapped twice around the card base.  

The "merci" was die-cut twice using Parisian Dies, once with Champagne Foil and once with Basic Black cardstock, then glued with a Fine-Tip Glue Pen, slightly off-set.  

Two scraps of Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim were tied into the Petal Pink Metallic Edge Ribbon bow.

I adore the details of this card and how all the simple touches add up to one fancy project!  You could make this!


Shop Stampin' Up! with Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper | arts and crafts supplies | paper crafting supplies | rubber stamping and scrapbooking supplies
My customers are the heart and soul of my business!  I love to surprise and delight them with rewards as a thank you for their loyalty.

May Reward Code = New In Color Sampler


May Reward Code - JWD7M644 | Use when you shop with Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper to receive an 2020-2022 New In Color sampler
Use the May Reward Code on orders placed in my store of $50 or more (before shipping and tax) to get a free 2020-2022 New Stampin' Up! In Color sampler!  Sampler packs will be sent out by the end of May PLUS you'll get a new catalog package from me! 

New Catalog Alert: If you have ordered from me since November, your catalog packages have been sent and are on their way to your mailboxes!  If you'd like one and haven't ordered since November, place an order of any size to be automatically included or email me at nicole@thejoyfulstamper.com.


2020-2021 Stampin' Up! Catalog cover | Get a copy from Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper


I love stamping and I love Stampin' Up!  Thank you so much for choosing me as your demonstrator.  I am grateful for YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10