Thursday, November 7, 2019

Facebook Live 11 | 5 | 2019 The Snowman Season Episode

I dreamed of this card.  As in, minutes before I opened my eyes to start the day, the layout flashed into my mind.  Crazy!  How I create is how I shop for gifts and clothes - no planning, just going with what jumps out at me.  Otherwise, something terrible happens called overthinking and it drains every. creative. drop. from me.  

Snowman Season card from 11/5/2019 Facebook Live with Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper

What I love about this card:

  • Mr. Snowman is SO happy!  Look at that smile!
  • The felt scarf - it's touchable and soft, and unexpected.  How many times do you see a card with felt on it?
  • The mix of Real Red and Coastal Cabana - it has a warm frostiness vibe (I realize that's an oxymoron, but playing with words is fun and I know someone out there understands 'warm frostiness')!
  • The excellent use of designer series paper scraps - we all have them, maybe even a stack of them, and these 1/2" wide strips whittle that pile down in a flash.
Snowman Season card from 11/5/2019 Facebook Live with Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper

Mr. Snowman is dimensional.  That is, I stamped him on the Whisper White panel, along with his arms, then stamped him again on a scrap piece of Whisper White.  I punched him out with the Snowman Builder punch and stuck him on over the original image with Stampin' Dimensionals.


Snowman Season card from 11/5/2019 Facebook Live with Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper

Tip for adhering the felt scarf: I used a Mini Stampin' Dimensional on the right side of the scarf (the part that is lifted off the cardstock) and a Glue Dot on the left side (the part that is around the snowman's neck).  Multipurpose Liquid Glue did not hold well since it absorbed into the felt.



In the live demonstration, I forgot to put the felt scarf on the card (*oops*) but in the tutorial below, it is there in the photo, instructions, and supply table.  
Printable tutorial for Snowman Season Facebook Live (11/5/19) card by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper


Ways to Connect with The Joyful Stamper:

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10