Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Easy Way To Get Snowy Trees With Embossing Powder

I can't throw out my paper scraps - argh!!!  More often, I hear paper crafters say they can't cut into their paper (they "hoard" it).  Well, there are no issues with that in Nicole's Stamping Cottage because I'm usually too excited to use it.  But I save every little piece!  Do you do this...stare at the piece in your hand... think, "Hmmm....I should toss this....it's no bigger than my fingernail....wait, I have a star punch I might want to use with this someday...." and back into the scrap bag it goes.  


Splitcoaststampers Card Sketch Challenge 776

Solution: this sketch from Splitcoaststampers that beautifully uses those designer series paper scraps!  Grab a handful, trim them down to 1/2" wide or so, and stick them on your card front at interesting angles.

Stampin' Up! Perfectly Plaid Christmas card with Wrapped In Plaid paper scraps and heat embossed snow

Can you see how I did that on my card?  The paper is Wrapped In Plaid Designer Series Paper - and no way can I throw out any of that warm and cozy plaid!

Stampin' Up! Perfectly Plaid Christmas card with Wrapped In Plaid paper scraps and heat embossed snow

Look at the "snow" on my trees!  No, it's not Snowfall Accents Puff Paint (go to this post to see what happens when you add that directly on a stamped image).  I dipped a Stampin' Sponge in a Versamark ink pad, then lightly tapped it around my stamped tree image.  I sprinkled on White Stampin' Emboss Powder then melted it with a Heat Tool.  Isn't that a great effect?  And if you overdo the Versamark, just take a paintbrush and brush off some of the embossing powder.

Stampin' Up! Perfectly Plaid Christmas card with Wrapped In Plaid paper scraps and heat embossed snow

Ready to make this?  Yes you are!  I made a printable pdf just for you!  



Don't forget to shop the Online Extravaganza sale in my online store, now through this Friday the 22nd only!  Get discounts on select ink pads, cardstock, and bundles.  Click here to see what's on sale.
Stampin' Up!'s Online Extravaganza sale - November 20 through 22 - shop with Nicole Steele


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10