Thursday, November 21, 2019

The Free As A Bird Episode

I did something goofy while in Las Vegas.  Before going to bed Friday night, I set the alarm on my iPad for 6:50 AM.  OnStage was the next day and I wanted to make sure I didn't sleep in and miss it!  Well, when the alarm went off the next morning, I struggled to wake up, but I did manage to get out of bed.  I stood there swaying with fatigue for a few seconds, thinking through the fog, "Something doesn't feel right."  Then it hit me - my iPad clock was still on Eastern time, not Pacific, and so it was really 3:50 AM, not 6:50!  Glad I realized that before making it all the way out of the hotel 😂 I would have had my choice of tables at OnStage, wouldn't I?


I took a break from Christmas to use Bird Ballad suite products to make a simple card.  It looks complicated, but it really isn't - a small amount of coloring and a bit of fussy cutting with the Designer Series Paper taking center stage.  The piece of Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim accented with a Bird Ballad Trinket adds such a dainty, vintage touch!

Here's the Card Recipe so you can make it:

Stampin' Up ! Bird Ballad product suite card - Free As A Bird - Designer Series Paper - Bird Ballad Trinkets - Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim

Free As A Bird Designer Series Paper: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" 4-1/2" x 1-3/4" Basic Grey: 4" x 3/4" (for sentiment, trimmed smaller after stamping)
Whisper White: 6" x 1-1/2" to stamp leaves 2" x 4" to die-cut Stitched Nested shape
Thick Whisper White: 4-1/4" x 11" for card base
Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim: 2-1/2" piece
Stampin' Blends: Light & Dark Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Petal Pink
Ink: Basic Grey, Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: Free As A Bird Trinkets

Shop the Bird Ballad Product Suite (stamp and die bundle is on sale!)

Basic Gray Ink Pad (on sale until Friday!)

Basic Gray Cardstock (on sale until Friday!)

Don't forget to shop the Online Extravaganza sale in my online store, now through this Friday the 22nd only!  Get discounts on select ink pads, cardstock, and bundles.  Click here to see what's on sale.
Stampin' Up!'s Online Extravaganza sale - November 20 through 22 - shop with Nicole Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10