Friday, December 20, 2019

Being a Busy Little Stamper Part 2

I LOVE papercrafting!  Really LOVE it!  Rebecca Sower, my favorite scrapbooker (although she stopped publicly scrapbooking years ago), once commented she loves to "pop the cork on my creativity".  That is exactly what it feels like to stamp.  The myriad ways to combine colors, textures, images, and embellishments is exciting and there are NO rules.  It's encouraged to play and experiment.  If something comes out not to your liking, you can either salvage it or toss it.  And when you're done, you can pass it along to someone to share the love.  It's like that saying about firewood warming a person twice: once when one chops it and again when one burns it.  In stamping, the project brings you happiness twice: once when you make it and again when you gift it.   

Stampin' Up!'s Sweetly Stitched dies with Let It Snow designer series paper | card by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper

These are the second batch of my cards from Splitcoaststampers' Virtual Stamp Night last weekend.  I was "popping the cork on my creativity" last weekend!  

What I love about the stars card: the black stitching done on a sewing machine; the Stitched So Sweetly scalloped rectangular dies (coming January 3); the bright burst of Coastal Cabana enamel stars; the curl of the gold cord (only $2.40 in the Clearance Rack)!


Snow globe scene with Stampin' Up!'s Buffalo Check and Perfectly Plaid | shaker card by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper

This is a shaker card.  I used Window Sheets and Foam Adhesive Sheets to create the shaker part.  The Buffalo Check background stamp was inked up with Merry Merlot and stamped on Merry Merlot cardstock.

Snow globe scene with Buffalo Check and Perfectly Plaid

I filled the shaker with Ice Stampin' Glitter and some Frosted Sequins (retired).  To prevent the shaker elements from sticking to the Window Sheet, I swiped an Embossing Buddy on it.  The trees are from Perfectly Plaid and stamped in Mossy Meadow ink.  The night sky is Night of Navy ink applied with a Sponge Brayer.  Don't you love the white stars/snowflakes?  Those were made with a Chalk Marker!

Stampin' Up!' Leaf Punch wreath with Toile Tidings and Toile Tidings Glitter Enamel Dots | Christmas card by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper

I have a couple photos to show you how I made the wreath on the Toile Christmas card above using a Layering Circle die, Leaf punch, and a pencil.


How to make a wreath on your card: Trace Stampin' Up! Layering Circle die on to paper | photo tutorial by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper

Use a pencil to trace around a Layering Circle die (any size circle will work) directly on the paper on which you'll be building your wreath.

How to make a wreath on a card: arrange punched leaves around traced circle | photo tutorial by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper

Arrange the punched leaves around the traced circle.  My leaf punches covered the penciled circle so there was nothing to erase.  Once I had the arrangement I liked, I used a piece of Glad Press 'N Seal to pick it up.  Apply adhesive to the back of the punched pieces while they're still on the Press 'N Seal, then lay it back down on your card, gently removing the Press 'N Seal.  

See a photo tutorial of the Press 'N Seal technique.

When was the last time you "popped the cork on your creativity"?  It's SO much fun!!!


I'm inviting you to my Catalog Launch Party!

Stampin' Up! Mini and Sale-A-Bration Catalog Launch Party | January 3 | The Joyful Stamper Facebook Page

I'm so excited about the January - June 2020 Mini Catalog that I'm devoting an entire day to showing off the stunning projects you can make with its new products!  January 3 is the day it goes live, along with the 2020 Sale-A-Bration catalog.  Follow my Facebook page and set your notifications to alert you when I go live so you don't miss it!


What is Sale-A-Bration? It's a special brochure with tons of fun product that you can earn for free.  Level 1 items are earned with every $50 order and Level 2 items are earned for every $100 order.  There are no limits to what you earn.  
  • Order $50-->earn one Level 1 item
  • Order $100-->earn two Level 1 items OR one Level 2 item
  • Order $150-->earn three Level 1 items OR one Level 1 item plus one Level 2 item PLUS Stampin' Rewards (free product of your choosing)!
  • And it just keeps going!
2020 Sale-A-Bration catalog | Request one from Nicole Steele

Need your own copy to follow along with during my Catalog Launch Party on January 3?  Request a catalog package here or email me at nicole @thejoyfulstamper.com with your mailing address.

Thank you for choosing me as your demonstrator and giving me the opportunity to earn your business!




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10