Monday, December 9, 2019

Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge 778

Emma and I saw A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood last weekend at our small-town theatre.  The movie's a big deal here in Pittsburgh, of course, since this is where Mr. Rogers and his show were from.  The storyline is captivating - Lloyd's transformation epitomizes Mr. Rogers' ability to relate to people at a deep, soul-winning level.  And I need to say how much I love living in a small town.  When we sat down in the theatre, the woman next to us recognized Emma from her job, even though my daughter hasn't been at work since early August because of college.  I didn't know her and Emma didn't remember her, but this kind woman said she remembered Emma because she was struck by how kind and friendly she was!  *sigh* Can I thank God for that for a moment?

On to today's project!  It was made with last week's Splitcoaststampers Sketch.  

Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge 778



I'm still in Christmas mode.  I have no idea how many Christmas cards I'll need each year; I just crank them out until I get tired of making them  There's usually far more than needed, so the extras get donated to a local assisted care facility at which my mom volunteers.  They sell them and use the proceeds for resident activities.  It's a perfect arrangement because there is nothing stopping me from being a card-making machine - I mail them, gift them, donate them - everyone wins!

God's Peace Christmas card for Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenege 778

Don't you love the deep, rich colors of this card?  The background is a 4" x 5-1/2" Shaded Spruce panel stamped repeatedly in Shaded Spruce ink with the Bible verse from the God's Peace stamp set.  Then I took a Gold Encore pad (which, sadly, Stampin' Up! no longer carries) and dragged it across the panel in different directions.  A Bone Folder was used to rough up the edges before gluing to the card base.

God's Peace Christmas card for Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenege 778


It's all in the details: three of the smallest Gold Faceted Gems; using Stampin' Write Markers to get a multi-colored sentimentl; tearing the bottoms of the Wrapped In Plaid paper.

God's Peace Christmas card for Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenege 778

The glow around the candle flames was achieved with a Sponge Dauber and Daffodil Delight ink.  

Tip: Use a very light touch and go in a circular motion when applying the ink to avoid obvious circles from the dauber.  Start off lighter than you think you need to - you can always add color!

Christmas mode will end soon.  Why?  Because there's HUGE box of new stamping toys heading to my home!  As a demonstrator, I got to order a month early from the January - June 2020 Mini Catalog AND earn free Sale-A-Bration goodies!  Did you know you can sign up now and add product from these catalogs to your Starter Kit?  And did you know you can pick $126 of product for just $99?  And that it ships for free?  Yes!  It's the best deal and there's no pressure to sell or hold events.  Most join for the discount they receive and ability to earn Stampin' Rewards on their own orders.  Find out more here.  I would LOVE to welcome you to my team of My Joyful Stampers!

Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper sun

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10