Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Another TGIF Challenge!

TGIF Challenges #tgifc223

Aren't you in love with these summer colors?!?! They are the challenge colors this week at TGIF Challenges.  I couldn't wait to use them with the Lilypad Lake stamp set.

Splitcoaststampers Dare To Get Dirty challenge card by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper using Stampin' Up!'s Lilypad Lake set

I stamped the water multiple times with Bermuda Bay ink, overlapping the images.  Then I took a blender pen and colored over it to slightly smear the color.  That's one of my favorite ways to use a blender pen.

I also used the blender pen to fill in my boats, flowers, and sun.  This is a fantastic way to color with a variety of hues without owning markers.  You likely have several colors of ink pads.  One blender pen allows you to use all those ink pads as a marker.  Just dip the tip of the pen into your ink pad to pick up color.  When you want to switch colors, scribble the blender pen on scratch paper until it's clear.  

There's more to this card, though!


Splitcoaststampers Dare To Get Dirty challenge card by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper using Stampin' Up!'s Lilypad Lake set

I decorated the back of it, too!  What a fun surprise for the recipient!  Doesn't this scene make you long for a sunny day spent on the water or out viewing nature?

To create a hint of a sky, I lightly sponged Pool Party ink on the white base.  Stampin' Up!'s sponges are rather large so here's a tip for you to get the most from the package of three:


Tip: cut your Stampin' Sponges into 4 or 8 pieces


Here's my card recipe so you can make it:


Psst!!  My Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog order is on its way to me so look for multiple Christmas, Halloween, and Fall Classes To Go from The Joyful Stamper.  I know you are all eager to get started on your holiday projects!  


Stampin' Up! Holiday 2019 Catalog cover - ask Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper for your copy!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10