Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Clean and Simple

It's difficult to see stars where I live - too much light pollution.  When my oldest daughter and I traveled to Alaska last month, I thought we'd see millions of stars since we were spending 5 days in Prince William Sound.  Well, I forgot that in July it doesn't get completely dark there, not even in the middle of the night.  I did, however, visit a photographer's gallery in Talkeetna and she had on display breath-taking pictures of Alaska's nighttime sky in winter.  I couldn't tear my eyes away - stars were clustered together so that it looked like fairy dust sprinkled over the night sky, with translucent ribbons of blue and purple.  It looked unreal to my light polluted eye.
The Stargazing set from the annual catalog reminds me of those photos in Talkeetna.  I had fun making a couple cards with it, one clean and simple and the other a bit messier (I'll post that one later this week so I can give you details and instructions).

clean and simple Stargazing card by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper

Using a splatter technique was the TGIF challenge this week and I knew it would fit the stars theme of this card.  I used a Blueberry Bushel Stampin' Write Marker to create the splatters.  See this post here for my technique.



Thick Whisper White cardstock makes the perfect card base for a clean and simple design.  The stars are stamped in Night of Navy ink.  I used Layering Circles dies to create a Night of Navy focal piece.  The moon image and sentiment were stamped in Versamark ink and heat embossed with Silver Stampin' Powder.  I stamped the moon again on Whisper White cardstock in Crushed Curry ink and used Paper Snips to trim it.  It's layered over the silver stamped moon with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.  The reason I stamped the moon twice was that I wanted the "star dust" from the image to be retained, but I couldn't fussy cut it out nicely.  By layering the cut piece on the heat embossed image, the "star dust" is still visible.  A sprinkling of silver Metallic Pearls adds a delicate touch.

To see another Stargazing card, see my post here

Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I so appreciate you coming here and hope you find these cards replicatable!  To order any of the supplies for today's card, click here and choose Nicole Steele as your demonstrator.

Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper Buy 3, Get 1 Free Sale - shop Nicole Steele Stampin' Up! demonstrator






4 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card! I love your blog. Lyssa Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lyssa! I'm so honored you visited!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card!!! The splatters are perfect. Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tami! It's always a fun technique. I love the TGIF Challenges each week!

      Delete

01 09 10