Friday, August 30, 2019

Now For The Messy Stargazing Card...

I made this clean and simple card with Stampin' Up!'s dreamy Stargazing set a couple days ago.  Judging by the reactions, you guys loved it!  Thank you for the love!

I promised you the "messy" card and here it is.

Stargazing card using Brushos/pigment sprinkles by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper

I used Brushos pigment powders to create the background.  We carried these in last year's catalog and MANY people wanted these powders in our own Stampin' Up! colors.  Since we take pride in our perfect color co-ordination, this year's catalog has Pigment Sprinkles in Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Gorgeous Grape, Mango Melody, and Melon Mambo.

Stampin' Up! Pigment Sprinkles item #149663 page 179 in annual catalog - Shop with Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper!

Aren't those fun, HAPPY colors? You could use them to make vibrant backgrounds for birthday cards or use the Balloon Bouquet Punch to punch out balloons that have variegated swirls!

To make a simple background with Pigment Sprinkles, shake a small amount onto watercolor paper.  Use a Stampin' Spritzer to spray a light amount of water on the paper and watch the colors bleed and blend!  You can shake on one color, or mix two or three for a multi-colored look (I used two colors on my card).  

A couple tips when working with Pigment Sprinkles:

  • They are messy!  If having colored fingers isn't your jam, wear disposable gloves (I found a box of 100 at Walmart in the dishwashing cleaning section).
  • Place your paper in a box so that everything is contained when you spritz on the water.
  • Using more than 3 colors tended to make things muddy and it was harder to control, so I suggest sticking to 3 or fewer at a time.
  • I prefer the look when allowed to air-dry over using a heat tool.  A heat tool's forced air flow spreads the colors around and I prefer everything drying right where it is.  Experiment to see which method you like best.
  • Make a bunch of pieces at one time while you have everything out and then keep them on hand for when you need a quick card.  You can see in my card above I heat embossed a sentiment on vellum, added some silver embellishments, and it was done!
Shop my online store here to start making your own vibrant backgrounds!  

Watercolor paper (item #149612, page 169 )

Stampin' Spritzers (item #126185, page 180)

Pigment Sprinkles (item #149663, page 179)

Buy 3, Get 1 Free Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper Sale - begins September 4 - shop with Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper

Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper's Stampin' News


2 comments:

  1. fantastic tips! I guess I'd better try it! --Lyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lyssa! Yes, break them out of the box and play around with them. I know you'll come up with something beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10