Monday, August 5, 2019

I Loved It So Much....

that I used it again - the same color combination as I did in Friday's project, that is.


Thank You card using Stampin' Up!'s The Open Sea and Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker's Twine

I've spent the past 10 days travelling around Alaska with my oldest daughter Emma, who just graduated from high school in May.  Part of our trip was spent taking a small boat cruise in Prince William Sound with Northern Explorer Adventures.  That cruise was such a unique, eye-opening, and relaxed way to see Alaska!  There was a loose itinerary but not one we absolutely had to follow, so our captain was able to get us to the most fascinating spots, depending on marine life activity and weather.  I wanted to thank them for going above and beyond in making this trip special so I made them each this card.  

I started with this card sketch from Handstamped Sentiments:

Card Sketch from Handstamped Sentiments HSSSC#320


I mixed The Open Sea (retired) with current Stampin' Up! products to design a nautical-themed project with a personal message inside.  I'm confident this card will convey what their efforts meant to us!

Did you notice the splatters on the background?  Here's an easy technique to get that fun look:
Using Your Stampin' Write Markers to create a splattered background


Because I love to share, here's the card recipe so you can make it, too:


Stampin' Up! Holiday 2019 Catalog cover

I so appreciate you taking the time to read my little blog on the big Internet and I appreciate you choosing me as your Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  I'm SO excited about this Holiday catalog so please let me know if you'd like a copy.

4 comments:

  1. I am so envious - Alaska is somewhere I would love to visit - who knows maybe one day? I love your card - it is a great take on our sketch at Hand Stamped Sentiments. I really like the way you did the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fiona! I never thought I'd visit Alaska, either, and I stood there in awe that I really was there. I hope you DO get to go - it's worth the dreaming and planning. It's amazing what kids can get a parent to do - and I'm grateful!

      Delete
  2. Great masculine card! This is a fun bundle to play with. Glad you joined us at HSS.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10