Thursday, August 15, 2019

Throwing This Out There for the TGIF Challenge!

I won the Stargazing set from Stampin' Up!'s annual catalog from a challenge my upline had for our team.  I was so excited because this set has been on my wish list!  I LOVE the starry, dreamy images and the fonts of the sentiments.  This is such a great set for graduates and anyone embarking on a new adventure.  When I saw the TGIF sketch challenge for this week, I immediately had an idea using Stargazing.  I am SO close to the TGIF Challenge deadline so I am very quickly putting this out there.  I just made this card, minutes ago!


watercolored card using Stampin' Up!'s Stargazing set by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper for TGIFC#224

Here's the TGIF sketch:


TGIFC#224 sketch challenge

The background is watercolored with Flirty Flamingo ink and an Aquapainter, but it didn't turn out as evident as I'd hoped.  That was because I watercolored too big of a piece of watercolor paper and had to tear the edges to make it fit the card.  Boo! 

My process, though, was to use my Aquapainter to liberally apply water to a piece of watercolor paper.  Next, I squeezed a couple drops of Flirty Flamingo ink onto a clear block, then used my Aquapainter to pick up the ink and dab it around the wet watercolor paper.  The water took the ink where it wanted to but I tilted the paper around to control it a tiny bit.  I used a Heat Tool to dry it, since I had just 45 minutes to make my card for this challenge!

Now I have to upload this on the TGIF site!  Thank you so much for stopping by my little place on the Internet today.  I really love writing and sharing!

Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10