Monday, January 20, 2020

Fresh New Color Combination with Breathtaking Bouquet and Blends

Hello, my stamping friends!  I've been doing something different on the weekends lately - watching movies!  Books, not movies, are my thing, but wow!  There have been some fantastic flicks released.  A couple weeks ago I saw Little Women and Spies In Disguise with my daughters and mom.  Then this past weekend, Brian and I viewed 1917.  Just a few hours later, Caitlin introduced us to The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials as we ate pizza.  All 5 of those movies were SO good!  I'm eager to see the third one (The Death Cure) in the series.  No one wanted to stay up until 2 AM watching it with me, so I reluctantly went to bed and will have to wait another day to see it.  What movies have you seen and loved lately?


Another thing I did over the weekend was to scout out stamping challenges.  Handstamped Sentiments is one I've played in before but it's been a long while.  I love this fresh color combination!  

Breathtaking Bouquet is a new background stamp in the Mini Catalog, on page 31 in the top right corner.  It's easy to miss, so keep your eyes open!  A background stamp means it's large enough to cover the entire card front.  This stamp has so many beautiful possibilities!  

 

I stamped Breathtaking Bouquet on 2 pieces of 4"x5-1/4" Thick Whisper White cardstock in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.  Why 2 pieces?  Because I wanted to color and cut the largest flowers to layer on the originally stamped image.  Lifting them up with Stampin' Dimensionals adds so much interest and it's such a small thing to do.  



I used Stampin' Blends alcohol ink markers to color the image.  Stamping in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink means the image won't smear when using Blends. Stampin' Blends used:
  • Light & Dark Flirty Flamingo 
  • Light & Dark Mossy Meadow
  • Light & Dark Pretty Peacock
  • Light Old Olive
  • Dark So Saffron




The sympathy sentiment is from Itty Bitty Greetings, a great set that has 32 little greetings to cover any occasion.  I used an Embossing Buddy to rub a 6"x5/8" strip of vellum cardstock, stamped the greeting in Versamark, then heat embossed with Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder.  The vellum ends were wrapped around the card and adhered to the back with SNAIL.


Check this out!  I added epoxy droplets to the flowers!  These particular ones are retired (I didn't realize it when I used them) but there are other Epoxy Droplets on page 178 in the Annual Catalog that will work just as good.

This card did take more time because of the coloring and blending, but it was fun and I did it while chatting on the phone with Emma who is back at school.  She could hear the markers squeaking as I worked which made us laugh for some reason.  Do you ever laugh over things that aren't all that funny but they become even funnier the more you giggle over them?  I love those moments!

Shop my store to get the supplies for this card and many more - high quality crafting tools make stamping enjoyable so don't cheat yourself.  


Breathtaking Bouquet - cling mount or wood mount






Join me Tuesdays at 2 PM ET on The Joyful Stamper Facebook page for my weekly Facebook Live stamping class.  I demo 2 projects and post a project sheet so you can make them, too!




8 comments:

  1. Lovely card and I really like that colour blue - I think I may have to invest in that colour - I recently did a card with Little Women as the challenge prompt - that really make me think outside the box - I can't wait to see the film when it comes to the UK - thanks for joining us at HSS this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, go see the film when it gets there! One of my daughters loved it so much she saw it twice. Thank you for the kind comment, Fiona!

      Delete
  2. Breathtaking is certainly a word I'd use to describe your card, Nicole! The coloring of the flowers is wonderful! I'm so glad you chose to play along with our color challenge at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of our colors with this image. Lots of coloring. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! Such a beautiful labor of love on the coloring. You did a wonderful job of using the colors in our challenge. Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genny, thank you! Stamping and coloring are so fun, it was a labor of love.

      Delete

01 09 10