Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year From The Tropics!

Well, not really.  I'm not in the tropics.  Brian wishes he was in the tropics.  I wish there was a foot of snow on the ground.  But it has felt like spring the last week here in Pittsburgh, PA and it's the end of December so that's pretty tropical in my book.  

My point is Happy New Year!

Did you stay in?  Go out?  Years and years ago, Brian and I went to Times Square to watch the ball drop.  The crowd was sectioned off in "holding pens" for safety and once you were in, you were in until midnight.  We got there around 6pm and quickly realized the smart, experienced celebrants wore adult diapers - no joke!  The confetti that rained down at midnight was spectacular.  That feeling of finally being a part of something huge you've only witnessed on TV for years was incredible.


tropical Thank You card using Stampin' Up!'s Tropical Oasis suite | Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper


The Tropical Oasis suite took my breath away when I first saw it in the 2020 Mini Catalog (request a catalog package here).  The MANY bright colors caught my eye first, quickly followed by the stamp and die images.  I actually felt my heart beat a bit faster as I pored over the suite pages.  Let's check out all the details on this card!  


tropical Thank You card using Stampin' Up!'s Tropical Oasis suite | Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper


Yes, these flowers in the stamp set have a die, so if you don't like fussy cutting, yay!  I frayed the ends of the Braided Burlap Trim so that it would stand out more.  To do this, gently pull the sides of the trim with your right and left hands until it's separated to your liking.  I used Mini Glue Dots to stick the trim down on my card. 

Can you see the subtle woven background?  I tapped a Soft Suede ink pad on the raised pattern side of the Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder, then laid a piece of So Saffron cardstock on it.  Lightly pressing the paper with my fingers transferred the pattern.  I love how some spots didn't transfer as strongly as others - that variation is wonderful!  

I used the Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder in the more traditional way here.


tropical Thank You card using Stampin' Up!'s Tropical Oasis suite | Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper


In addition to dies for the flowers in the Timeless Tropical stamp set, there are dies to cut palm tree fronds.  I cut a bunch in Pear Pizzazz and used Stampin' Dimensionals to tuck them behind the flowers.

To color the flowers, use Sponge Daubers.  Slip one on your finger, tap it on the ink pad of your choice, then apply the color in a circular motion, using a light touch.  You can layer color using this method, going darker with each application, or use multiple colors.  

I went too dark with the flower centers, so I added Gold Faceted Gems to hide it a bit.

tropical Thank You card using Stampin' Up!'s Tropical Oasis suite | Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper

It tickled me to no end to find the "thank you" sentiment in Timeless Tropical fit inside this leaf die!  I stamped the leaf in Pear Pizzazz ink on Pear Pizzazz cardstock, then die-cut it with the coordinating In The Tropics dies.  

And do you see that paper?  *sigh*  Tropical Oasis it's called.  It's lovely, and it's available January 3, which is THIS Friday!

Speaking of January 3.......

You're invited to my Catalog Launch Party!
Stampin' Up! Mini and Sale-A-Bration Catalog Launch Party | January 3 | The Joyful Stamper Facebook Page
I'm so excited about the January - June 2020 Mini Catalog that I'm devoting an entire day to showing off the stunning projects you can make with its new products!  January 3 is the day it goes live, along with the 2020 Sale-A-Bration catalog.  Follow my Facebook page and set your notifications to alert you when I go live so you don't miss it!


What is Sale-A-Bration? It's a special brochure with tons of fun product that you can earn for free.  Level 1 items are earned with every $50 order and Level 2 items are earned for every $100 order.  There are no limits to what you earn.  
  • Order $50-->earn one Level 1 item
  • Order $100-->earn two Level 1 items OR one Level 1 item
  • Order $150-->earn three Level 1 items OR one Level 1 item plus one Level 2 item PLUS Stampin' Rewards (free product of your choosing)!
  • And it just keeps going!
2020 Sale-A-Bration catalog | Request one from Nicole Steele

Need your own copy to follow along with during my Catalog Launch Party on January 3?  Request a catalog package here or email me at nicole @thejoyfulstamper.com with your mailing address.

Thank you for choosing me as your demonstrator and giving me the opportunity to earn your business!



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10