Monday, February 24, 2020

By Your Side card using High Tide

What kind of card do you send someone who just isn't going to get better?  What should it say?  What should the colors be?  

Recently, I was approached with that challenge.  Combing through my supplies, I came up with several sets that had appropriate sentiments for that situation.  


Masculine encouragement card using Stampin' Up!'s High Tide lighthouse and seashore set

The first set I discovered was High Tide.  This particular sentiment strikes just the right note for a card in which the person isn't going to get better.  It lets s/he simply know that you are right there with them to walk this journey.  The understated, neutral colors of Sahara Sand and Night Of Navy are appropriate for a man or woman and, combined with the nautical theme, produces a gentle feel.  Water has long been known to naturally relax and calm people.

Masculine encouragement card using Stampin' Up!'s High Tide lighthouse and seashore set

To add dimension to the card, I used the largest square from Stitched Shapes dies to remove a portion of the rectangle panel.  I stamped the sentiment in full-strength Night of Navy and the birds in stamped-off-once Sahara Sand.  Then I used Multi Purpose Liquid Glue to adhere it to the Night Of Navy card base, inside its own negative space.  The Sahara Sand panel is adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals to give the inlaid square a recessed look.  

The lighthouse is stamped in Night Of Navy ink on Sahara Sand cardstock and cut with Paper Snips before adhering to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.  

For the full step-by-step directions to make this card, just click the image below to pin, download, or print the tutorial.



Tomorrow on my weekly Happy (half) Hour Stamping Class on my Facebook page, I'll show another card of this type using a different stamp set.  Make sure to join me at 2 PM ET.  As awkward and challenging these types of situations feel to us, it is important and worth the extra effort to make and send these kinds of cards.  When I resist sending a card because I feel inadequate, I remember this from Proverbs 25:11 - "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver" - in other words, valuable and precious to the other person!

If you are enjoying The Joyful Stamper site

  • Want a catalog and don't already work with a demonstrator you love?  Request a free catalog package by emailing me at nicole@thejoyfulstamper.com or via this form.
  • Never miss a beat in the stamping world - subscribe to The Joyful Stamper Stampin' News, a weekly email that specially delivers fun, tips, and specials right to you.  Sign up and get a free exclusive Stampin' News Subscriber pdf tutorial as a thank you!
  • Stamping is more fun with pretty products you can count on.  Shop my store anytime to give yourself the best crafting experience.
  • You'll love my crafting videos on The Joyful Stamper YouTube channel!  Subscribe while you're there and click the bell so that you always have fresh inspiration.
  • Looking for community, a hobby, or a way to make extra money?  My team of My Joyful Stampers has a place for you (and the Starter Kit is the especially ULTIMATE bargain right now)!  Read more here.

Thank you for choosing me as your demonstrator!  I appreciate your business!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10