Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Splitcoaststampers Card Sketch 788 & Blog Candy

Today's my mom's birthday!  I wanted to make her an extra-special card, customized exactly to what she loves.  ***Alert: throwback Stampin' Up! products ahead!  If flashbacks make you dizzy, do not look ahead!*** 😊


Splitcoaststamper Card Sketch Challenge 788

I started with this week's Splitcoaststampers card sketch because...well...that's how I usually begin a card!  It amazes me that every Wednesday the sketch artists come up with something fun and original.  It always lights my creative fire!  And anyone is welcome to upload and post what s/he creates with the sketch.  So jump in!  You are welcome here!


Stampin' Up! Pretty Kitty birthday card for Splitcoaststampers Card Sketch Challenge 788

My mom loves her cats so when thinking of how to let her know, via a birthday card, that the Steele clan KNOWS their momma/grandmomma, my mind went to a retired Stampin' Up! set - Pretty Kitty.

Stampin' Up! Pretty Kitty birthday card for Splitcoaststampers Card Sketch Challenge 788

Those kittens were/are the sweetest!  Raise your hand if you have this set - ✋  
I used watercolor paper and watercolor pencils to color those cuties.  An Aqua Painter or Blender Pen can be used to blend the pencil colors, but always use Jet Black Staz-On ink to stamp when watercoloring (the image won't bleed).  The kittens are popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals on circles die-cut from the Layering Circles dies and Rich Razzleberry cardstock.

Stampin' Up! Pretty Kitty birthday card for Splitcoaststampers Card Sketch Challenge 788

I distressed and sponged with Soft Suede ink and a Stampin' Sponge many of the layers on this card.  The paper is the retired Share What You Love Designer Series Paper.  That was a monster pack and I have quite a bit left.  The Pearlized Doily peeking out from the Mint Macaron layer adds a bit of fancy and glimmer to the card.  I like how the scallops of the Doily match the scallops on the Layering Circles die-cut pieces.  I think my mom is really going to love this card!  
The Joyful Stamper blog candy

What older Stampin' Up! products do you love to use still?  Let me know in the comments and I'll draw a name to win a 4"x6" sampler pack of some of this Share What You Love Designer Series Paper.  Blog Candy drawing ends Friday February 14, 2020 at Midnight ET.  Name will be drawn and announced Saturday February 15, 2020.

If you are enjoying The Joyful Stamper site

  • Want a catalog and don't already work with a demonstrator you love?  Request a free catalog package by emailing me at nicole@thejoyfulstamper.com or via this form.
  • High-quality stamping products make your crafting experience better so don't cheat yourself!  Shop my store for your crafting supplies!
  • Never miss a beat in the stamping world - subscribe to The Joyful Stamper Stampin' News, a weekly email that specially delivers fun, tips, and specials right to you.  Sign up and get a free exclusive Stampin' News Subscriber pdf tutorial as a thank you!
  • You'll love my crafting videos on The Joyful Stamper YouTube channel!  Subscribe while you're there and click the bell so that you always have fresh inspiration.
  • Looking for community, a hobby, or a way to make extra money?  My team of My Joyful Stampers has a place for you (and the Starter Kit is the especially ULTIMATE bargain right now)!  Read more here.

Thank you for choosing me as your demonstrator!  I appreciate your business!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10