Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Timeless Tropical for Splitcoaststampers Card Sketch 790 + Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks

It's never too late for an old dog to learn new tricks....me being the old dog.  I spent yesterday hanging out with my 7 year old niece, who is a whiz at jumping rope.  She's in a traveling club at her school.  I learned all kinds of jump rope moves and routines - combinations of heel and toe moves; front, back, and side kicks; in and out - and I learned this at almost 45 years of age!  In my front yard!  In front of my neighbors!  It was so fun, I took my niece to a PJ Dance Party at my local library that night and threw myself into jumping, skipping, shaking, wiggling, and spying for animals in the jungle.  It was exhilarating!


Splitcoaststampers Card Sketch 790

Have you been considering trying something new?  How about stamping? 
  • Pick a sketch 
  • Pick a pack of Designer Series Paper
  • Choose three colors of cardstock that coordinate from the Designer Series Paper 
  • Pick a stamp set and one color of ink

Stampin' Up!'s Timeless Tropical bundle and Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper friendship card

Let's break down how I followed the steps above.  
  • Pick a sketch: Splitcoaststampers weekly card sketch 790 used here
  • Pick a pack of Designer Series Paper: I used Tropical Oasis (LOVE the wild bursts of color)!
  • Choose 3 colors of cardstock that coordinate with the DSP: Lovely Lipstick, Old Olive, and Daffodil Delight work!
  • Pick a stamp set and one color of ink: the Timeless Tropical set and an Early Espresso ink pad 

Stampin' Up!'s Timeless Tropical bundle and Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper friendship card

Many stampers' first technique was heat embossing.  I used it on this card.  Stamp your image in Versamark ink, sprinkle embossing powder on the stamped image, and tap off the excess.  The powder will stick to the Versamark ink and you then use a Heat Tool to melt the powder.  Just plug it in, turn it on, and point the heat at the image.  Then watch the magic happen!  The powder melts and turns shiny!

Download, pin, or print the step-by-step tutorial to make this card.
Timeless Tropical free tutorial to pin, download, or print



Stampin' Up! color combination: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Lovely Lipstick, Early Espresso

Did you catch this week's Happy (half) Hour Stamping Class?  

The Happy (half) Hour Facebook Live stamping class featuring Easter Fun Size candy box and Lilypad Lake encouragement card
Remember, any order of $35 or more (before shipping and tax) receives the project kits from Tuesday's Live!  Be sure to use Reward Code AHKD9ZWS for orders under $150.  Orders over $150 will get their own Stampin' Rewards plus the project kits.  Place your order by Midnight ET Friday!

If you are enjoying The Joyful Stamper site

  • Want a catalog and don't already work with a demonstrator you love?  Request a free catalog package by emailing me at nicole@thejoyfulstamper.com or via this form.
  • Never miss a beat in the stamping world - subscribe to The Joyful Stamper Stampin' News, a weekly email that specially delivers fun, tips, and specials right to you.  Sign up and get a free exclusive Stampin' News Subscriber pdf tutorial as a thank you!
  • Stamping is more fun with pretty products you can count on.  Shop my store anytime to give yourself the best crafting experience.
  • You'll love my crafting videos on The Joyful Stamper YouTube channel!  Subscribe while you're there and click the bell so that you always have fresh inspiration.
  • Looking for community, a hobby, or a way to make extra money?  My team of My Joyful Stampers has a place for you (and the Starter Kit is the especially ULTIMATE bargain right now)!  Read more here.

Thank you for choosing me as your demonstrator!  I appreciate your business!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10