Monday, February 3, 2020

Is It Ok To Have Purple Snowmen?

So did you watch the Super Bowl last night?  What about The Masked Singer?  I'm more into the latter than the former, but Alaina made our famous brownie recipe AND frosted them with our homemade chocolate icing.  I had to hang around the big football showdown just to have some!  The commercials were great - I laughed quite a bit and the one about the Wisconsin School of Veterninary Medicine tugged at my heart.  I heard on the radio that the man whose dog's life was saved personally paid for that commercial in appreciation of the vets.  What?!?!?  It was $5.7 million for a 30 second spot!


Handstamped Sentiments Challenge 331 - be inspired by winter

If you read my blog regularly (thank you!), you know I LOVE challenges!  I played along with Handstamped Sentiments winter inspiration challenge today.  Ooohh, I LOVE winter!!  Here in Pittsburgh, it's not been a great one for a winter-enthusiast like me but yesterday morning I woke to snow flurries and it sent me into raptures.  It sent my poor husband into fits of sorrow.

Snowman Season birthday card for Handstamped Sentiments winter inspiration challenge

I had to resurrect Snowman Season and the Snowman Builder Punch.  I also used the color combination and ribbon technique from Friday's post.  And I made my snowmen purple (Highland Heather to be exact)!  Who says your stamp images have to reflect reality?  No one!

Snowman Season birthday card for Handstamped Sentiments winter inspiration challenge

See that striped background?  Grab your favorite Stampin' Blends markers and use the brush tips to draw lines across a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  Don't worry about keeping the lines straight and evenly spaced.  The fun of this look is in its imperfection.  Cut several pieces of Whisper White cardstock (try 5"x3") and check out my Pinterest color board for some ideas I've curated.

Stampin' Blends used

Shop all Stampin' Blends in my store


See More Stampin' Blends techniques


Click to shop all Stampin' Blends colors


If you are enjoying The Joyful Stamper site:

  • New to stamping?  Welcome!  The Beginner Brochure was designed for you.  Also check out this card for a perfect first dip into cardmaking.  I can mail it to you with a free catalog package - just email me at nicole@thejoyfulstamper.com to request one.
  • High-quality stamping products make your crafting experience better so don't cheat yourself!  Shop my store for your crafting supplies!
  • You'll love my crafting videos on The Joyful Stamper YouTube channel!  Subscribe while you're there and click the bell so that you always have fresh inspiration.
  • Looking for community, a hobby, or a way to make extra money?  My team of My Joyful Stampers has a place for you (and the Starter Kit is the especially ULTIMATE bargain right now)!  Read more here.

Thank you for choosing me as your demonstrator!  I appreciate your business!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10