Friday, February 14, 2020

My Dad's Valentine Tradition

My dad is the best.  He has a tradition of gifting me with a Valentine's gift each year.  When I was growing up, it was always a funny card plus a stuffed animal or other such item.  When I got married, he continued to send me a card each year, but they were more serious in their messages.  After my three girls (his granddaughters) were born, he started the Valentine's tradition with them.

Well, this year he sent us a box of chocolate-dipped strawberries and they were fancifully decorated with swirls and hearts!  Emma is away at college, but he didn't forget about her - she got her own box of strawberries delivered to her dorm!  My dad is the ultimate gentleman, always spoiling his girls, holding doors for us, letting us go first, etc.   

Stampin' Up! Forever Blossoms Always and Forever card

Since today is the day we celebrate love, this card is perfect!  It was one of our Make-N-Takes at the Las Vegas Stampin' Up! Onstage.  Soft colors, a beautiful script font, and gentle touches of elegance mean this card could be given at a wedding or to your one true love.

Stampin' Up! Forever Blossoms Always and Forever card

The greeting is from the Forever Blossoms stamp set and was stamped in Smoky Slate ink on Whisper White cardstock.  A length of Petal Pink Metallic Edge Ribbon was folded back and forth and adhered beneath the greeting with Stampin' Dimensionals.  Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels sprinkle the card with understated bling.

Stampin' Up! Forever Blossoms Always and Forever card

The larger flower image is also from Forever Blossoms and is stamped on a piece of Parisian Blossoms Designer Series Paper in Smoky Slate ink.  Light & Dark Old Olive and Light & Dark Petal Pink Stampin' Blends markers were used to color the image.  I colored lightly and quickly to avoid smearing the ink, using the bullet point of the marker.

There's a bit of Vellum cardstock peeking out from underneath the DSP.  I love how both pieces are slightly tilted.  It matches the feel of the folded ribbon underneath the greeting.  It's little details like that that make a card interesting!  And isn't it great that you don't have to fuss to make your layers straight?

You Can Make It!
For the Stampin' Up! supplies to make this or any other project, shop my online store


If you are enjoying The Joyful Stamper site

  • Want a catalog and don't already work with a demonstrator you love?  Request a free catalog package by emailing me at nicole@thejoyfulstamper.com or via this form.
  • Never miss a beat in the stamping world - subscribe to The Joyful Stamper Stampin' News, a weekly email that specially delivers fun, tips, and specials right to you.  Sign up and get a free exclusive Stampin' News Subscriber pdf tutorial as a thank you!
  • High-quality stamping products make your crafting experience better so don't cheat yourself!  Shop my store for your crafting supplies!
  • You'll love my crafting videos on The Joyful Stamper YouTube channel!  Subscribe while you're there and click the bell so that you always have fresh inspiration.
  • Looking for community, a hobby, or a way to make extra money?  My team of My Joyful Stampers has a place for you (and the Starter Kit is the especially ULTIMATE bargain right now)!  Read more here.

Thank you for choosing me as your demonstrator!  I appreciate your business!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10