Friday, March 6, 2020

Happy Half Hour Live Stamping Class

Do you guys know how excited I get going Live each Tuesday on The Joyful Stamper Facebook page?  Very!  😊  It's one of my favorite parts of the week.  I work incredibly hard at my business - and I love doing this! - but when I go Live, it feels like I'm sitting down to stamp with friends.  The fun of a live is that anything can happen!  Yes, I have projects planned and am organized, but sometimes Lily my sweet pup barks or I lose something or I forget what I'm saying or a random thought pops into my head (we call those "Deep Thoughts With Derek" in the Steele home which I'll explain in a future Live) or......anything because..... it's real life stamping with friends.  I hope you'll join me.  Look on for Tuesday's replay and project sheet with measurements.
  
The Happy Half Hour Live Stamping Class with Nicole Steele | Tuesdays at 2 PM ET | on The Joyful Stamper Facebook Page
Replay of Tuesday March 3 Happy Half Hour
My plan was to teach a technique but since I was having so much trouble with it, I scrapped it.  My eye fell on the Stampin' Up! Mini Catalog and I thought of all the gorgeous samples in it and how it's not just okay but encouraged and accepted to remake them.  So that's what I did.
Parisian Beauty case of card in Stampin' Up! 2020 Mini Catalog by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper
This pretty is on page 14 of the Mini Catalog, with other Parisian Blossoms suite samples.  I made a couple substitutions, based upon what products I had.
Parisian Beauty case of card in Stampin' Up! 2020 Mini Catalog by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper
The catalog's flowers came from the Forever Blossoms Bundle but I didn't have that.  I discovered these gorgeous flowers in one of the Parisian Blossoms Designer Series Paper (DSP) patterns, though, so I cut them out with Paper Snips and stuck them on with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Parisian Beauty case of card in Stampin' Up! 2020 Mini Catalog by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper
I also substituted another Parisian Blossoms DSP pattern for the dry embossed Petal Pink cardstock piece in the original sample.  The original used the Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder on a piece of Petal Pink cardstock.  In the video, I share a tip on die-cutting the intricate "merci" and preserving the tiny dot above the "i" - use a dryer sheet in your die-cut sandwich!  

Dryer Sheet Sandwich from bottom up: dryer sheet | cardstock | die
This all goes between your machine's plates.  You can also see this tip here
Timeless Tropical case of card in Stampin' Up! Mini Catalog by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper
Next up was a sample on page 11 using products from the Tropical Oasis suite.  Hands down, this is my favorite suite in the catalog.  I have never had anything like this in my stash and it's just so FUN!!!  I love that tilted So Saffron embossed piece - that was done with the Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder. 
Timeless Tropical case of card in Stampin' Up! Mini Catalog by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper
There wasn't any splatter on the original sample, but I couldn't resist!  It's such a simple trick, too - you new stampers ought to try it!  You'll wow everyone and only you have to know how easy it was.  Simply flick the brush tip of either a Stampin' Write or Stampin' Blend Marker using its cap.  You can see how it's done in the video or see a photo of the tip here.
Timeless Tropical case of card in Stampin' Up! Mini Catalog by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper
And check out these little extras!  Noble Peacock Rhinestones (I used the Pretty Peacock ones in the package) add tropical glam.  The Braided Burlap Trim looks amazing when you pull it apart and tuck it underneath a Painted Labels die-cut.  

Make sure to watch the replay above to see all the little tips and tricks I mentioned (and to just have a good time)!

Project Sheet with Measurements & Supply List

March Ordering Reward

Free March Class Tutorial with $15 order | offered by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper

This is the tutorial bundle to my in-person class that is nearly always full!
  • Orders between $15 and $149 (before shipping and tax) placed in March 2020 with Nicole Steele through my store will receive by email my March Class Tutorial.   
  • You must use the Reward Code JSPSUZYB.  Click here to see where to type in the Reward Code.  
  • If your order is over $150, do not use the Reward Code (you'll want to use the Stampin' Rewards yourself!) but you will still get the March Class Tutorial. 

If you are enjoying The Joyful Stamper site

  • Want a catalog and don't already work with a demonstrator you love?  Request a free catalog package by emailing me at nicole@thejoyfulstamper.com or via this form.
  • Never miss a beat in the stamping world - subscribe to The Joyful Stamper Stampin' News, a weekly email that specially delivers fun, tips, and specials right to you.  Sign up and get a free exclusive Stampin' News Subscriber pdf tutorial as a thank you!
  • Stamping is more fun with pretty products you can count on.  Shop my store anytime to give yourself the best crafting experience.
  • You'll love my crafting videos on The Joyful Stamper YouTube channel!  Subscribe while you're there and click the bell so that you always have fresh inspiration.
  • Looking for community, a hobby, or a way to make extra money?  My team of My Joyful Stampers has a place for you (and the Starter Kit is the especially ULTIMATE bargain right now)!  Read more here.

I love stamping and I love Stampin' Up!  Thank you so much for choosing me as your demonstrator.  I am grateful for YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10