Friday, March 27, 2020

Tags In Bloom Gift Bag + Card

I have three teenage daughters and I'm still the Last Person In America to catch on to something.  It probably has to do with me having my nose in a book or a stamp in my hand the majority of the time.  Which is why I've just now discovered how deeply, disturbingly, profoundly, and gloriously gripping is Stranger Things!  In 3 nights, we've watched all the way to Episode 4 of Season 2 (beginning after Jeopardy! of course).  And as a child of the 80's, it takes me back to the glory days of Pac-Man and feathered hair.  I now want to dress like the mom in that show, much to the horror of my girls.

tags in bloom gift bag | Stampin' Up! Sale-A-Bration set | uses half sheet of Designer Series paper

Tags In Bloom, though, is much more current than what I'm watching on TV.  It's a Sale-A-Bration set, available until March 31.  I made a simple gift bag for my first project.  It's big enough to hold a full-size package of M&M's and it's SO simple to make!

tags in bloom gift bag | Stampin' Up! Sale-A-Bration set | uses half sheet of Designer Series paper

The paper is Pleased As Punch - also available until March 31 - and I've had a BALL playing with this adorable pack.  The top of the gift bag has its sides pinched in so that it can be closed with a ribbon tie (Whisper White Polka-Dot Tulle ribbon used here).


tags in bloom gift bag | Stampin' Up! Sale-A-Bration set | uses half sheet of Designer Series paper

Here's a side view.  Since the gift bag is constructed of a 6"x12" piece of DSP, you get 2 bags from a 12"x12" sheet with zero waste AND it's a fantastic way to use up any paper.


Pin this template

tags in bloom gift bag | Stampin' Up! Sale-A-Bration set | uses half sheet of Designer Series paper | Designer Series Paper gift bag template

Gift Bag Measurements (with a video below)

  • 6"x12" piece of your favorite Designer Series Paper
  • Score on the long side at 4", 5-3/4", 9-3/4", and 11-1/2"
  • Score on the short side at 1-3/4"
  • Snip away the 1/2"x1-3/4" piece as seen in the photo.
  • Cut on the score lines up to the 1-3/4" score line
tags in bloom sending hugs card | stampin' up! sale-a-bration set | encouragement and thinking of you card | pleased as punch designer series paper | buffalo check background

I used the buffalo check pattern in Pleased As Punch for this card and combined it with some Calypso Coral circles die-cut from Stitched Shapes.  While the images on the gift bag were colored with Stampin' Blends, these ones were "colored" by using the solid stamp images in the Tags In Bloom set to fill in the line art images.  I love the bit of daintiness the Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace adds to this card!  The layout came from Hand Stamped Sentiments sketch.

Projects start at the 9:00 mark, if you want to skip the chat chat.

Nicole's Retired Stamp Sale





Sale-A-Bration ends March 31!





March Ordering Gift


Free March Class Tutorial with $15 order | offered by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper


6 comments:

  1. So pretty - I love your colour combination. Thank you for joining us at HSS this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Fiona! Thank you for the compliment and for stopping by! I enjoy challenges and HSS has some of my favorites.

      Delete
  2. Great card! Love the checked background as it is perfect for this card. So glad you joined us at HSS.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Robbie! Thank you! I'm excited to see what the next HSS challenge is.

      Delete
  3. Great take on our challenge sketch and love the color combo. The lace ribbon is a perfect element for your spring card. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10