Monday, March 16, 2020

Set of Thank You Cards Made With So Very Vellum + Video

As in introverted homebody, I have two questions: is it wrong that I am happy I can legitimately stay home for at least the next two weeks?  and is it wrong that I am happy to have my three daughters under our roof?  That's been my emotional by-product of recent events.

Brian and I are headed out to pick up Emma from college.  Her school is having students finish the semester online at their homes.  Caitlin and Alaina, who are in high school, are also at home for the next two weeks with online schooling.  Brian still must go to work, but we are otherwise taking seriously the suggestion to stay home and avoid people.  My grandmother is 89 and my parents 69 and I do not want to unintentionally infect them. 


Set of Thank You cards using So Very Vellum and Shimmer Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Designer Series Papers and Ornate Thanks stamp set  Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper | Stampin' Up!

A result of this staying home is LOTS of stamping.  LOTS.  Even better, the creativity is cooperating!  I'll confess, though, that today's card set was inspired by a weekly email called Stampin' Success that I receive as a perk of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  My eyes locked on the sample that used So Very Vellum DSP strips tilted this way and that.  I had to make my own version!

Set of Thank You cards using So Very Vellum and Shimmer Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Designer Series Papers and Ornate Thanks stamp set  Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper | Stampin' Up!

I have a video below so you can see how these were made.

My So Very Vellum strips were cut as follows:
  • Purple Posy - 1/2"x4" (3 pieces)
  • Soft Sea Foam - 1"x4" (2 pieces, trimmed down as I liked)
  • Pool Party - 1"x4" (2 pieces, trimmed down as I liked)
Adhere them with Multi Purpose Liquid Glue sponged on with a Stampin' Sponge. 

The card base and sentiment strip are both Soft Sea Foam cardstock:
  • 5-1/2"x8-1/2" base folded in half at 4-1/4"
  • 1/2" wide strip trimmed down to the length of the sentiment used


Set of Thank You cards using So Very Vellum and Shimmer Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Designer Series Papers and Ornate Thanks stamp set  Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper | Stampin' Up!

New Product Sneak Peek: the sentiments are from an upcoming Annual Catalog stamp set called Ornate Thanks.  It's part of a larger suite called Ornate Garden and will be available April 1.  You can add it to a Starter Kit now, though, by joining my team of My Joyful Stampers (and get all the other Sale-A-Bration freebies, too)!

The beautiful lace cut-outs are from a pack of Shimmer Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Designer Series Paper.  I used Paper Snips to trim them away from the 12"x12" sheets in the pack and used the white side of the pieces (the other side is Very Vanilla Shimmer).  Mini Glue Dots and a Fine-Tip Glue Pen are good choices for adhering them.

See Easter Card Ideas with Shimmer Detailed Laser-Cut DSP.

See Free As A Bird used with Shimmer Detailed Laser-Cut DSP.



March Ordering Reward

Free March Class Tutorial with $15 order | offered by Nicole Steele The Joyful Stamper

This is the tutorial bundle to my in-person class that is nearly always full!
  • Orders between $15 and $149 (before shipping and tax) placed in March 2020 with Nicole Steele through my store will receive by email my March Class Tutorial.   
  • You must use the Reward Code JSPSUZYB.  Click here to see where to type in the Reward Code.  
  • If your order is over $150, do not use the Reward Code (you'll want to use the Stampin' Rewards yourself!) but you will still get the March Class Tutorial. 

If you are enjoying The Joyful Stamper site

  • Want a catalog and don't already work with a demonstrator you love?  Request a free catalog package by emailing me at nicole@thejoyfulstamper.com or via this form.
  • Never miss a beat in the stamping world - subscribe to The Joyful Stamper Stampin' News, a weekly email that specially delivers fun, tips, and specials right to you.  Sign up and get a free exclusive Stampin' News Subscriber pdf tutorial as a thank you!
  • Stamping is more fun with pretty products you can count on.  Shop my store anytime to give yourself the best crafting experience.
  • You'll love my crafting videos on The Joyful Stamper YouTube channel!  Subscribe while you're there and click the bell so that you always have fresh inspiration.
  • Looking for community, a hobby, or a way to make extra money?  My team of My Joyful Stampers has a place for you (and the Starter Kit is the especially ULTIMATE bargain right now)!  Read more here.

I love stamping and I love Stampin' Up!  Thank you so much for choosing me as your demonstrator.  I am grateful for YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10