Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Dance Layout for Scrapbook Sketch Challenge

I have another scrapbook page to share featuring my youngest daughter's Lyrical dance photo.  Her routine for this year's dance recital was breath-taking!  Alaina is in the most wonderful dance program.  It's called Bella School of Dance and the owner Anna Kate's mission is to teach dance in a wholesome and age-appropriate manner.  Her dance school is highly relational and non-competitive.  The recitals are so moving and expressive!


12 x 12 scrapbook layout of Lyrical dance photo

This Share What You Love DSP just retired but I thought it went too perfectly with Alaina's costume not to use it.  


close up of blinged out embellishment and stamped sentiment

I added a TON of Basic Rhinestones to my scalloped circle die.  I had just half as many stuck on originally, then took a deep breath and added the other half - and I loved it!  The sentiment is from the (very) retired En Suite stamp set.  

close up of punched flowers and stamped title

Check out the title!  I stamped it in alternating colors of Blackberry Bliss and Old Olive.  I wanted it to stand out more so I added a small strip of Vellum beneath it and some pearls to the letters.  Tip: Remember, you can use Stampin' Blends markers to color your pearls to make them any shade you want!

I made this layout for The Studio Challenges June sketch challenge.  I almost always use a sketch when I scrapbook because it allows me to focus on the fun part - mixing and matching colors and patterns, journaling, and adding embellishments.

If you would like a copy of the NEW Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog and you don't already have a demonstrator you love, send me an email at nicole@thejoyfulstamper.com.  I'd love the opportunity to earn your business!  


8 comments:

  1. What a lovely take on the sketch. So glad you joined in the fun over at The Studio Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana! I just found your challenges and had a lot of fun with it.

      Delete
  2. This is stunning!! That photo is brilliant. Love the mix of papers, and the addition of the rhinestones and pearls. Thanks for joining us at The Studio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, thank you so much for your lovely comment! I loved playing along and have already checked out the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful layout and great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at The Studio Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle! I appreciate the posted challenges. It really helps get things going creatively.

      Delete
  5. This layout is beautiful! Love the colors you have used and great job with the sketch! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Studio Challenges! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lori! The best part of scrapbooking is reliving the memories as I create. I appreciate the challenges you post and am glad I discovered them.

      Delete

01 09 10