Thursday, June 6, 2019

Senior Photos Mini Album

This post is image heavy but there are so many details in this project to show you! I wanted to make a mini album showcasing my favorite photos from my oldest girl's senior photo shoot.  Here's the cover and a peek at how the inside pages are assembled:



The pages are 6"x12" pieces of cardstock, scored at 4" and 8" on the long side.  This gives you three 6"x4" panels to each cardstock piece.  I folded them accordion style, then glued the last panel of each piece to the first panel of the next piece.  I then cut DSP to 6"x4" and glued those to each cardstock panel.  I then went crazy with embellishing!






 I made this two months ago so my album uses Stampin' Up! products that are retired but Stampin' Up! has so many current beautiful papers and embellishments in the new Annual Catalog that can work for this album.  

Tips and Tricks:
  • Don't overthink!  This project flowed wonderfully because I did not allow myself to fret over placement.  I just "went for it".
  • Pull out just a handful of supplies that all coordinate.  For this project, I went with one pack of DSP, its matching cardstock colors, and Stampin' Blends.  I added a few dies and a pack of wooden embellishments to the pile, and proceeded to make this album using only those supplies.  This also helps with not overthinking.
  • Create with love.  Working with my daughter's senior photos was a joy and that translated into easy creativity.  It was fun reminiscing about raising her as I cut and glued.






No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10