Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Tea Together Card

I CASEd this card from Stampin' Success, a quarterly magazine Stampin' Up! sends its demonstrators.  It is one of my favorite perks of being a demonstrator!



I changed the color and size of the card because I wanted to use a color I don't normally reach for (purple) and I wanted the card to be a standard 4-1/4" x 5-1/2".  I also added a stamped background to my card base as I love patterns.  There are a couple of fun techniques here - embossing paste and watercoloring.  Here's a close-up of the focal image:


Tips and Tricks:

  • Use embossing paste with a stencil.  Spread a thin layer over the stencil using a palette knife.  Make sure your fingers are clean of ink (notice the areas of color?  Ink stains on my fingers transferred to the paste!)
  • Ink pad reinkers are great for watercoloring.  Squeeze a drop into the lid of your ink pad, or onto another plastic surface such as an embellishment container lid, and dip a wet brush to pick up color.  To add layers and shades of color, let each layer dry before adding another.
  • Don't like fussy cutting?  This stamp set has dies to do the cutting for you!
You Can Make It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10