Friday, June 28, 2019

Inspiration From A Store-Bought Card

Did you ever see something and think, "I have to make that into a card!"?  Was it a color combination you spied, or a home decor piece, or a magazine layout?  

Sometimes I get ideas from the graphics at church!  A peek into my sermon journal would show occasional sketches in the margins of those screen graphics that catch my eye. 



Recently my family received a thank you card from my cousin's daughter and I immediately thought, "I have to make this into a card!"  


This store-bought thank you card inspired my birthday card

The colors appealed to me as did the simple prettiness of the one-layer notecard.  I used Perennial Birthday to create my CASE.

The images in that set are SO fun to play with!  They are pretty, fresh, and light-hearted.  I love the font of that "Happy Birthday" on my card.


Use Tombow Liquid Glue to apply glitter to flowers

To apply Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the flowers, I applied a small dot of Tombow Liquid Glue and used my finger to lightly spread it around.  Then I shook the glitter over the flower and let the card sit to dry.  I applied glitter to all the flowers.  Look at them sparkle!


Happy Birthday CASEd card

My sentiment sits on an extra layer of Whisper White cardstock because I needed to cut it in half to make it fit the space.  You could cut the stamp itself in half to give yourself more flexibility in using it.  I have done that with other sets.  

To add color to the flowers and leaves, I used sponge daubers to apply color.  It gives such a beautiful, soft look and it's so easy to do!  Just put the sponge dauber on your finger, pick up some ink with it from your ink pad, then gently rub in a circular motion on your cardstock.  So pretty!!


Stampin' Up! color combination - bermuda bay, smoky slate, old olive, garden green

These are the colors I used to create my CASE.  Make sure to click on it to Pin It so you can be inspired next time you make a project!  Matching Stampin' Up! colors to what I want to CASE is easy thanks to all the choices they give us.  I also love that their products coordinate - creating is fun and I know what I make will look nice.  I have other color combinations I'd like to try, so come back to see what those will be!

I'd love for you to subscribe to my weekly email newsletter!  You'll always know about upcoming Stampin' Up! promotions (like the Clearance Rack update that happened yesterday), read tips that make your creating session more productive, and more.  I have a free Class To Go pdf for you as a thank you when you subscribe.  Just click below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10