Thursday, June 20, 2019

Old Stuff is Fun, Too

I get it.  

I understand the hold-your-breath anticipation of seeing the UPS truck rumble down your street, knowing your Stampin' Up! order is out for delivery and on that vehicle.

I, too, have felt the heart-pounding thrill of seeing that truck stop in front of your home and the beautiful man in brown walking to your front porch with a (hopefully) large box that has "Stampin' Up!" printed on its sides.

And maybe, once you have opened the box and lovingly caressed your precious new supplies, you even SNIFFED THE PAPER.  

I do it.

A new Stampin' Up! order is fun to get and will always be fun to get.  But it is also fun to blow the dust off our older supplies and create with those.  Doing so brings back memories and feelings of nostalgia for me, because seasons of my life are tied up in when I first enjoyed those older products.  My newer supplies haven't had a chance yet to make those sentimental connections.


12 x 12 scrapbook layout of Alaina's ballet photo

I got my youngest daughter Alaina's dance photos back and decided to participate in Sketch-N-Scrap's sketch challenge.  


close up of 12 x 12 scrapbook layout dance embellishments

I will never part with Stampin' Up!'s En Suite set.  I tried to get a good shot of this - I stamped in Versamark on Basic Black cardstock, sprinkled with black embossing powder, then heat set.  I love the subtle effect it adds to the layout!  I die-cut the images with our Stitched Shapes Dies and Stitched Rectangle Dies.


close up of title and punched flower embellishment

The flower piece in Alaina's hair inspired this embellishment.  I used the retired Blossom Builder, Pansy, and Petite Petals punches to create it with Cherry Cobbler  and Basic Black cardstocks.  The new Hot Air Balloon punch would make great large petals, too!  My title was stamped with the Letterpress Alphabet set (one of the first sets I ever got) in Real Red ink and cut with Paper Snips.  The Paper Snips are small and sharp enough to navigate these letters and make fussy cutting a breeze.  

I didn't want white pearls on my title so I colored them with my Dark Basic Black Stampin' Blend marker.  You can make your pearls any color you want with our Stampin' Blend markers! 

This layout is going into a 12" x 12" shadow box I got here and will be hung on our living room wall.  Alaina also dances in Lyrical and Jazz classes so I'll show you those layouts in future posts.  I hope I've inspired you to mix old and new products on your layouts!  Leave me a comment letting me know what you like to scrapbook!

If you would like a copy of the NEW Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog and you don't already have a demonstrator you love, send me an email at nicole@thejoyfulstamper.com.  I'd love the opportunity to earn your business!  








10 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful page. This paper is perfect for your project and the black embossing on the black paper is stunning. Thank you for joining us over at Sketch N Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! I hadn't scrapbooked in a while and the sketch challenge made it easy to jump back in.

      Delete
  2. This is a beautiful layout! It is great to dust off those older supplies and get them used. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, thank you! I really loved the sketch challenge. I'm eager to see what the next one will be!

      Delete
  3. Your embossing technique is unique and adds a lot to the layout. Sketch N Scrap appreciates your participation. Thank you for playing along.
    Sharon Fontenot
    higgledypiggledycrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sharon! It took some time to think of with what to fill those extra photo spaces on the sketch, since I had just the 5x7. I enjoyed the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout :) I need to dig out some old product! Thank you for playing along with us over at Sketch N Scrap.
    Tina-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Tina! I love shopping the stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout! I love the tonal images, so elegant! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Lisa! I really love having a sketch to start with so I'm so happy to have found the Sketch N Scrap blog challenges.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10